Grolla's Dungeon

English Rosenkreuzstilette Forum
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Patch Questions

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Superjustinbros
Admin
avatar

Posts : 129
Join date : 2009-12-25
Age : 22
Location : United States

PostSubject: Patch Questions   Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:25 am

Hey. err... I need help patching my copy of RKS so I can use passwords to skip directly to Iris' fortress.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://superjustintheblog.blogspot.com/
ViperAcidZX

avatar

Posts : 28
Join date : 2010-01-15
Age : 26
Location : The living world.

PostSubject: Re: Patch Questions   Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:34 pm

Run the latest patch of the game to update the current version of the game that you have (ver1.06a is now the latest) > the program will ask you to find the RKS directory > let the program update the game and you're done
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://amethystviper.deviantart.com/
Superjustinbros
Admin
avatar

Posts : 129
Join date : 2009-12-25
Age : 22
Location : United States

PostSubject: Re: Patch Questions   Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:48 pm

ViperAcidZX wrote:
Run the latest patch of the game to update the current version of the game that you have (ver1.06a is now the latest) > the program will ask you to find the RKS directory > let the program update the game and you're done

Thank you Viper. I have successfully patched the game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://superjustintheblog.blogspot.com/
Superjustinbros
Admin
avatar

Posts : 129
Join date : 2009-12-25
Age : 22
Location : United States

PostSubject: Re: Patch Questions   Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:03 pm

However, I must add, the passwords on GameFAQs do not work. I imputed the passwords exactly as shown on the page, but they do not take me to Iris' palace, even when I update my version of the game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://superjustintheblog.blogspot.com/
ViperAcidZX

avatar

Posts : 28
Join date : 2010-01-15
Age : 26
Location : The living world.

PostSubject: Re: Patch Questions   Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:02 pm

Superjustinbros wrote:
However, I must add, the passwords on GameFAQs do not work. I imputed the passwords exactly as shown on the page, but they do not take me to Iris' palace, even when I update my version of the game.

I screwed up, my fault. XD; I have to notify GameFaqs to make the corrections. It was suppose to be A1, A4, B5, D5, E2, E5; not A2 on those passwords. I'll notify them ASAP.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://amethystviper.deviantart.com/
Superjustinbros
Admin
avatar

Posts : 129
Join date : 2009-12-25
Age : 22
Location : United States

PostSubject: Re: Patch Questions   Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:09 pm

ViperAcidZX wrote:
Superjustinbros wrote:
However, I must add, the passwords on GameFAQs do not work. I imputed the passwords exactly as shown on the page, but they do not take me to Iris' palace, even when I update my version of the game.

I screwed up, my fault. XD; I have to notify GameFaqs to make the corrections. It was suppose to be A1, A4, B5, D5, E2, E5; not A2 on those passwords. I'll notify them ASAP.

Please do so.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://superjustintheblog.blogspot.com/
ViperAcidZX

avatar

Posts : 28
Join date : 2010-01-15
Age : 26
Location : The living world.

PostSubject: Re: Patch Questions   Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:12 pm

I just did. Now its just the matter of waiting for the admins to update the Rosenkreuzstilette page.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://amethystviper.deviantart.com/
Killing_Doll

avatar

Posts : 104
Join date : 2010-01-13
Age : 31
Location : Gensokyô

PostSubject: Re: Patch Questions   Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:20 am

Did you finished Grolla mode, Justin ? I hadn't tried this password, but for those who had an hard time with the Crosswall, I think it's quite usefull.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Superjustinbros
Admin
avatar

Posts : 129
Join date : 2009-12-25
Age : 22
Location : United States

PostSubject: Re: Patch Questions   Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:53 pm

Killing_Doll wrote:
Did you finished Grolla mode, Justin ? I hadn't tried this password, but for those who had an hard time with the Crosswall, I think it's quite usefull.

I haven't started on Grolla mode, because I'm still trying to finish up Spiritia's. However, I did run through Grolla's stage as Grolla prior to inserting the custom music to see what happens when Grolla does confront Spiritia.

Along with that, I also found another Bomberman reference hidden in the game during my run-through as Spiritia. Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://superjustintheblog.blogspot.com/
Killing_Doll

avatar

Posts : 104
Join date : 2010-01-13
Age : 31
Location : Gensokyô

PostSubject: Re: Patch Questions   Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:57 pm

The little "bonus" screen on Sepperin's fourth stage, right ? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Superjustinbros
Admin
avatar

Posts : 129
Join date : 2009-12-25
Age : 22
Location : United States

PostSubject: Re: Patch Questions   Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:01 pm

Killing_Doll wrote:
The little "bonus" screen on Sepperin's fourth stage, right ? Very Happy

Yes. It was hard to figure out how to get the energy tank and 1up, but I did it. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://superjustintheblog.blogspot.com/
TDOMMX

avatar

Posts : 23
Join date : 2010-01-15
Age : 34
Location : Darkside Translations

PostSubject: Re: Patch Questions   Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:27 pm

Superjustinbros wrote:
Killing_Doll wrote:
The little "bonus" screen on Sepperin's fourth stage, right ? Very Happy

Yes. It was hard to figure out how to get the energy tank and 1up, but I did it. Laughing
It's not really that hard. There are three possible solutions depending on your personality - brute force (Valis77's), intelligent (mine), and super-sneaky-ninja tactics (RabiEnRoll's). I'm curious: which method did you use?

This question is directed at everyone, not only Justin.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.darksidetranslations.com/
Superjustinbros
Admin
avatar

Posts : 129
Join date : 2009-12-25
Age : 22
Location : United States

PostSubject: Re: Patch Questions   Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:01 pm

TDOMMX wrote:

It's not really that hard. There are three possible solutions depending on your personality - brute force (Valis77's), intelligent (mine), and super-sneaky-ninja tactics (RabiEnRoll's). I'm curious: which method did you use?

This question is directed at everyone, not only Justin.

When I first entered the room, I laid down a fully charged Zornesbombe, destroying all but the last two columns of Bomberman-styled blocks. Next, I stood on the block closest to the top-right of the screen that wasn't destroyed by the bombs, then laid down two Zornesbombe, one after the other, and slid across to the left, picking up the two items.

What method would that be? Neutral
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://superjustintheblog.blogspot.com/
Killing_Doll

avatar

Posts : 104
Join date : 2010-01-13
Age : 31
Location : Gensokyô

PostSubject: Re: Patch Questions   Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:57 am

My method would definitely be Valis77's one... Poweeeer !! Mad

That's not very girly I admit, but... It works.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TDOMMX

avatar

Posts : 23
Join date : 2010-01-15
Age : 34
Location : Darkside Translations

PostSubject: Re: Patch Questions   Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:03 am

Killing_Doll wrote:
My method would definitely be Valis77's one... Poweeeer !! Mad
Correct-a-mundo!

The brute-force method involves a fully-charged Zornesbombe.

The intelligent method requires just three Zornesbombes and an understanding of the reference's mechanics (including the abilities granted to Hudson's lovable pyro by power-ups).

The super-sneaky-ninja method involves creative use of the Silverwings.

I'll say no more than that for those who haven't figured them out themselves.

Killing_Doll, which method did you use?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.darksidetranslations.com/
Killing_Doll

avatar

Posts : 104
Join date : 2010-01-13
Age : 31
Location : Gensokyô

PostSubject: Re: Patch Questions   Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:27 am

As I stated above, it's the most brainless one... Fully charged Bombe, and just go for it.

Using the Silberfluggel zvei thing ? Only that, or with a bomb or two ? I'm curious about seeing this, I might test that too...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Superjustinbros
Admin
avatar

Posts : 129
Join date : 2009-12-25
Age : 22
Location : United States

PostSubject: Re: Patch Questions   Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:34 pm

Well, GameFAQs added the fixed passwords. flower
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://superjustintheblog.blogspot.com/
ViperAcidZX

avatar

Posts : 28
Join date : 2010-01-15
Age : 26
Location : The living world.

PostSubject: Re: Patch Questions   Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:45 pm

And you have me to thank...

Anyway, the only method I knew was the "brute force" at a time until I found out about the "stealthy-ninja-tactics" one (or TDOMMX's method). So... does that mean the ones who uses the "brute force" method are considered the Numb-nuts of RKS players (myself included of course)?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://amethystviper.deviantart.com/
Killing_Doll

avatar

Posts : 104
Join date : 2010-01-13
Age : 31
Location : Gensokyô

PostSubject: Re: Patch Questions   Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:44 am

Noooooo please, we're not dumb

Just a bit.. primal, maybe ? But sure thing is: that works Embarassed Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Superjustinbros
Admin
avatar

Posts : 129
Join date : 2009-12-25
Age : 22
Location : United States

PostSubject: Re: Patch Questions   Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:54 am

ViperAcidZX wrote:
And you have me to thank...

Yep.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://superjustintheblog.blogspot.com/
TDOMMX

avatar

Posts : 23
Join date : 2010-01-15
Age : 34
Location : Darkside Translations

PostSubject: Re: Patch Questions   Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:20 pm

Killing_Doll wrote:
As I stated above, it's the most brainless one... Fully charged Bombe, and just go for it.
Whoops. I misread your original post. I thought you were pointing out to Justin which method he was using. D'oh!

Killing_Doll wrote:
Using the Silberfluggel zvei thing ? Only that, or with a bomb or two ? I'm curious about seeing this, I might test that too...
Just a single Eins. It's quite ingenious. See Kilga's Let's Play if you want to see how it's done.

ViperAcidZX wrote:
So... does that mean the ones who uses the "brute force" method are considered the Numb-nuts of RKS players (myself included of course)?
Nope. I'm just noting that whichever method you figure out first hints to the kind of personality you have. Either you're a commando, a strategist, or a ninja.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.darksidetranslations.com/
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Patch Questions   

Back to top Go down
 
Patch Questions
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» 'Flies in winter' questions
» Questions about Atlantis and Lumuria
» Lacson questions police helicopter purchase
» Transdermal migraine patch resubmitted for approval...
» Our Earthly Questions About our Heavenly Home

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Grolla's Dungeon :: General RKS Discussion :: Game discussion-
Jump to: