Grolla's Dungeon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grolla's Dungeon

English Rosenkreuzstilette Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Cross Wall.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Majutsukai

Majutsukai

The Cross Wall. Empty
PostSubject: The Cross Wall.   The Cross Wall. I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 6:39 am

The Cross Wall is kind of an infamous boss in terms of difficulty, especially in Grollschwert mode. I only just managed to beat it today-- for the first time since the English patch was released, at any rate.

So, now I'm curious.

How do you guys fight it when playing as Grolla? There seems to be no single obvious answer, and it took ages of experimenting for me to finally find a strategy that worked consistently.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Robotnik

The Cross Wall. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Cross Wall.   The Cross Wall. I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 7:14 am

My keyboard doesn't take 3 commands at a time, so charging and attacking while moving fell out.
I collected hell alot of Cross Tanks and just charged and attacked on the edge of the plattform.
Back to top Go down
Killing_Doll

Killing_Doll

The Cross Wall. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Cross Wall.   The Cross Wall. I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 7:19 am

Yeah, that.
I kinda sucked at it with Grolla, often falling...

So there is two options for me: if I'm tired, I just take an hit, and use the invulnerability frames to dash from the upper platform and release a charged slash. When life depletes: Cross-tank.

When I'm at full mental strenght, I "lure" the green balls from the far right platform, then use the same dash and slash technique from the upper platform. More risky, as if you're hit, you fall. Then I land on the lower platform and start again, of course it works better when you're in "desperation mode".

I've seen more kinds of techniques from replays... But I stick with the easiest ones.
In my opinion, it's actually a lot harden than the ifnal bosses, playing as Grolla.
Back to top Go down
Cremator

The Cross Wall. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Cross Wall.   The Cross Wall. I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 8:44 pm

There are two good strategies, IMO.

One: Stand still on the first platform, use charged slash attacks when the orb gets low and use cross tanks like there's no tomorrow.

Two: Position yourself on the upper platform, charge your sword, jump down and slash, keep doing charged slashes while avoiding projectiles (without running). When you have to dodge to the right, climb up and repeat. There's usually an opening where you can fairly easily jump down without getting hit.

The trick in the second strategy is that charged slashes tend to erase the crosses coming at you, so you only need to dodge the split projectiles. Of course, some crosses will eventually get through, which is why climbing up again is often necessary.

I prefer the second method, as it's cleaner and faster. It's quite risk-free once you get it down, too.

I've seen replays where someone charged towards the Wall from the upper platform and does a dash jump slash and repeats that, but I find it awfully difficult and slow way to beat the Wall.
Back to top Go down
Synn

Synn

The Cross Wall. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Cross Wall.   The Cross Wall. I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 3:48 pm

The best strategy against that boss with Grolla is praying. Because you'll really need it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Cross Wall. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Cross Wall.   The Cross Wall. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Cross Wall.
Page 1 of 1