Grolla's Dungeon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grolla's Dungeon

English Rosenkreuzstilette Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Caracters references ?

Go down 
+7
TDOMMX
ViperAcidZX
Shiro
Joseph Staleknight
Majutsukai
Superjustinbros
Killing_Doll
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
TDOMMX

TDOMMX

Caracters references ? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Caracters references ?   Caracters references ? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 1:55 pm

Remember that Luste references both Flandre Scarlet and Cirno (namely, her Game Over screen and her win quote in Grollschwert, respectively).

I'm curious myself where the inspiration for Zorne's gauntlet came from. I haven't played Bomberman Act Zero, so I can't really confirm or deny a possible link.

Schwer-Muta shares at least a few similarities with (prepares flame shield) Evangelion's Shinji Ikari (specifically, his pessimistic and later misanthropic attitude). We nearly had her quoting The End of Eva ("Nothing ever changes, so they can all just die..."), but Mint thought a literal translation would be more appropriate in that scene (and I agreed).

...For some reason, everyone loves turning masculine swordswomen into dykes... Grolla x Sichte, Mai x Sayuri, Fate x Nahona, Signum x Hayate -- hell, the entire female cast of Nanoha StrikerS... Can't someone have traits associated with the opposite gender without being a homo?

(For the record, I'm a feminine man, but I've been called queerbait, faggot, pansy, etc. more times than I care to admit. I've also been hit on by random guys on the subway, which kind of creeps me out.)

Joseph: Grolla has great respect for social hierarchy, which explains why she reveres Sichte and Raimund much more than her peers (remember, Raimund is "Master" to her, not "Grandfather"). It's entirely possible that she held Zeppelin in similar esteem before she began to suspect he and Iris were co-conspirators. Grolla is a lone wolf, which would explain why she doesn't get along with her fellow Magi (especially Freu).

Killing Doll: Actually, the fight is intended to be a nod to the final battle of Megaman X8 (skip to 1:43). The golden sky, the feathers, the blue / yellow beams... The Lumine battle may in turn be inspired by the Final Fantasy endbosses (...how many of them have you fighting in the heavens again...?), but wouldn't say that the Iris battle was inspired by Kefka (though I do see the thematic parallels that might lead you to think that).

Edit: After finally getting around to watching the Kara no Kyoukai films, I have to admit that Grolla is a nod to Shiki Ryougi and Touko Aozaki. Isemiya's an even bigger Type-Moon fan than I thought, throwing around verbatim quotes like that -- the most obvious being Mint's bumper sticker.

Edit 2: I almost totally forgot to mention Sir Karl...

Last edited by TDOMMX on Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.darksidetranslations.com/
Killing_Doll

Killing_Doll

PostSubject: Re: Caracters references ?   Caracters references ? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 10:22 am

TDOMMX> Now that I see that again, the background is really the same between Lumine and Iris... I forgot about that, and the patterns share some similarities too !

About the two characters which Grolla should be inspired from, do you have some artworks or something ? We missed that, too !
Back to top Go down
Lion

Lion

PostSubject: Re: Caracters references ?   Caracters references ? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 12:43 pm

Killing_Doll wrote:
About the two characters which Grolla should be inspired from, do you have some artworks or something ? We missed that, too !
Physically, they don't have anything in common, it's their way to be what makes them alike.
Back to top Go down
TDOMMX

TDOMMX

PostSubject: Re: Caracters references ?   Caracters references ? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 5:56 pm

Killing_Doll wrote:
Have a look at this, then. Shiki is the brunette in the center. Touko is the redhead with glasses in the lower left.

Like Lion said, they don't really look that much alike, but their personalities have more than a few things in common (Shiki: "There is nothing I cannot cut!"). The movies are really well-done, so I suggest you check them out instead of just asking about 'em. I'd advise watching them in chronological order (2, 4, 3, 1, 5, 6, 7) since the first movie is a little on the dull side.
Back to top Go down
http://www.darksidetranslations.com/
Killing_Doll

Killing_Doll

PostSubject: Re: Caracters references ?   Caracters references ? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 8:15 pm

Thanks TDOMMX, I'll check the movies when I have some free time for it Wink
Back to top Go down
Dr. Robotnik

PostSubject: Re: Caracters references ?   Caracters references ? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 5:44 pm

Maybe it's just me Caracters references ? - Page 2 Unbenanntoga

Accident? I don't know.

On the left is O-Ren Ishii from Kill Bil

Paint Skillz ftw!
Back to top Go down
ViperAcidZX

ViperAcidZX

PostSubject: Re: Caracters references ?   Caracters references ? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 6:41 pm

Is it me, or does Grolla's ending look a lot like Richter Belmont's ending from Rondo of Blood?
Back to top Go down
http://amethystviper.deviantart.com/
Superjustinbros
Admin
Superjustinbros

PostSubject: Re: Caracters references ?   Caracters references ? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 10:45 pm

Don't tell me this girl from Magical Drop doesn't remind you of Liebea. Shocked
Caracters references ? - Page 2 Mdar_cara_05_wor_06
Back to top Go down
http://superjustintheblog.blogspot.com/
Castle Pokemetroid

Castle Pokemetroid

PostSubject: Re: Caracters references ?   Caracters references ? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 3:43 am

Sure, I won't tell you then.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Caracters references ?   Caracters references ? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Caracters references ?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Grolla's Dungeon :: General RKS Discussion :: Character Discussion-
Jump to: