Grolla's Dungeon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grolla's Dungeon

English Rosenkreuzstilette Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Grolla: Desperation move

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Killing_Doll

Killing_Doll

Grolla: Desperation move Empty
PostSubject: Grolla: Desperation move   Grolla: Desperation move I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 6:30 pm

As I was wondering what to post about Grolla, I thought about her new Desperation (Verzweiglung) attack.

Why, because in the first web trial version ("hard" mode), she made me quite angry when I first encountered her. Slippy ground, it was already quite hard to escape her in the first part of the battle.
> Fù&$ youuu I can't dodge your jump slash !! Mad

And then, with my sole and only cross-tank, she does THAT
Grolla: Desperation move E4115c130d

Let's call it Crimson Star or something. First thoughts: How am I supposed to dodge THAT on this ground ?! Red things come from everywhere !! Evil or Very Mad
The first time I played it, she abused of that, using it multiple times in a row. Bloody hell, I said, Grolla you ARE spamming, now get back in the kitchen and be a good girl Twisted Evil

And then of course, I was doomed Cool
Maybe she heard me, what a sensible lady...

Well now, since we know what will come when she jumps like that, it's less fearfull of course.
And with a cooled-down head, you can dodge it easily. Just stand still when she casts this attack, and slide to avoid the last horizontal strike and the "Grollschwert" shockwaves. When you know how to stand at the time she jumps, the first diagonal hit always miss.

I made another snapshot, help me ZA WARUDOOO.
Grolla: Desperation move 9368e4fe29

Nice hitbox: note that the ribbon is aliiiive and the end ! That was a close one. "Shineeeeeee" !

This may be the boss attack that surprised me the most, in this game (as well as her first desperate from RKS, of course, minus the slippy ground). The big Lust Atem from the second part of Luste's battle were also quite scary, I didn't expected that as well !

It's typically the kind of show-off skill that I love in these games, when you've seen it some times it's harmless, but the first fight: "wow, that's a cool move".

Sakuya's spellcard Killing Doll made the same sensations to me, in Touhou as wall as Megamari (which is quite close from RKS). After a hundred times you laught, the first time you cry. What the hell, how can you dodge all of these ?!? Of course, my alias comes mostly from that spellcard, it was a great gaming moment. Cool

What did you think, when first playing this battle ? I thought it could be an interresting topic, as usual I may have been - a little - carried away Wink

Last edited by Killing_Doll on Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dr. Robotnik

PostSubject: Re: Grolla: Desperation move   Grolla: Desperation move I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 6:54 pm

I thought the stage was harder then herself, because I got her before she even had time to pull out such an dick move.

No offence but "die neue Verzweiflung" sounds pretty stupid. (Too bad that I can't think of anything better right now.)
Back to top Go down
Killing_Doll

Killing_Doll

PostSubject: Re: Grolla: Desperation move   Grolla: Desperation move I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 6:55 pm

No offense taken, don't worry Wink . It's just that I'm awfully tired tonight, it's quite late here and my german is as exhausted as I am Razz
Back to top Go down
Puistink/ShivaDF

Puistink/ShivaDF

PostSubject: Re: Grolla: Desperation move   Grolla: Desperation move I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 9:11 pm

All you have to do is stay on the ground in a place where the energy bursts can not hit you(Sort of under Grolla).
If you can do that, the bottom slash will fly over your head. It is easy.Grolla: Desperation move Exampl10
Back to top Go down
ViperAcidZX

ViperAcidZX

PostSubject: Re: Grolla: Desperation move   Grolla: Desperation move I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 10:49 pm

Mind if I cut into the conversation (no pun intended)? Well this is how I dodge these beams from Grolla's Desperation attacks. Since action speaks louder than words, here's a replay of me fighting Grolla, granted its not a flawless run.

[Download]
Back to top Go down
http://amethystviper.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Grolla: Desperation move   Grolla: Desperation move I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Grolla: Desperation move
Page 1 of 1